English courses for English learning bookworms!
Learn English differently … and have fun!
Read an entire book in English, improve your speaking skills and make new friends with other bookworms!
Book Lab is a unique new English course for advanced learners who love reading. Live sessions held by Cambridge certified English teacher
Do you …
- love reading?
- want to be motivated to read a whole book in English from start to finish?
- want to take part in lively group sessions to discuss what you read?
- wish to expand your English vocabulary and go beyond what you know?
- want to enjoy English, make new friends and do something different?
Yes? Read on!
Book Lab Highlights
Improve your English doing something you love
Each Book Lab, the group votes to choose the book. So far we’ve read Bridget Jones’s Diary, Slumdog Millionaire, The Black House, Beautiful World, Where are You? and The Great Gatsby!
Every two weeks, you will read around 5 chapters.
During Book Lab we will have A LOT of discussion about the book! We’ll also examine the language, review vocabulary, practise pronunciation and clarify any questions.
- read and ENJOY reading a whole book in English
- develop your fluency & conversational strategies
- connect with others
- practise expressive pronunciation to sound more fluent and natural
- polish up your English through summarising and paraphrasing
- develop and extend areas of high level vocabulary
- develop recognition of important structures
- gain a deeper understanding of cultural issues
- apply reading strategies to have a meaningful conversation about the book
Next classes start September 2022. Only 6 people per group
What our students say
Get 2 free bonus resources!
Bonus 1 > How to Approach reading a book in English and enhance your understanding
Bonus 2 > Reference Guide: Facilitating a book discussion
Apply to join Book-Lab!
Next course starts September 2022
Places are limited.
Book-Lab is open to everyone whose current English speaking level is advanced (C1) or proficient (C2).
In order to place you in the best class for your level, it is necessary to verify your English level. We will do this with a short test and call – free of charge. To apply for this course, simply complete the short application form by clicking this button
The courses usually run over 12 weeks and you are expected to read around 5 chapters every two weeks. The reading time you will need will depend on your English level and how quick a reader you are.
The book is not included in the price of this course. You can purchase the book online from sellers such as Amazon or The Book Depository
You’ll need to buy a copy of the book and you’ll need a good internet connection. Our classes will be held on Zoom
Missed lessons are non-refundable and non-recuperable. This is due to the organisational requirements of group courses.
If you aren’t sure about your level, please take our free level test
There are no refunds for this course. All sales are final.