Apply before January 15th and get 30% off!
Course starts February 2022
- 6 week reading and conversation course
- DAY AND TIME TO BE DECIDED DEPENDING ON STUDENT AVAILABILITY
- live group sessions on Zoom with Kerin
Early bird offer €88! Apply before January 15th to get 30% off course price
If you are a CURRENT EDA STUDENT, you don’t need to complete the application form. Please send Kerin an email if you wish to enrol on this course
If you have never taken a course with us before, in order to place you in the best class for your level, we kindly ask you to apply for this course. Click the button below:
LEVEL: strong intermediate, upper intermediate (B1+, B2)
CLASS SIZE: Max. 6 students
What you will achieve
Read a simplified version (a graded reader) which is easy to understand and interesting to talk about. This book is level 7
- read sections of the book together and practise pronunciation;
- discuss the book; increase confidence and speaking ability
- review vocabulary and clarify any questions
- reduce mistakes when you speak
- improve grammar structures
- connect with others
- improve your English through summarising and paraphrasing
- gain a deeper understanding of cultural issues
About the Book!
In this English course we will read this graded reader together from Penguin, 1984.
Winston Smith re-writes history for the Ministry of Truth in Oceania. Big Brother and the Thought Police watch everyone for signs of Thought Crime. But when Winston falls in love with Julia, he begins to have new ideas and hopes. Winston and Julia start to question the world that they live in – but Big Brother does not like independent thought.